Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Must Stop Eating Cookies

As Oscar Wilde said, I can resist anything but temptation. This is particularly true of pastry. I mean, I barely glance the way of the dessert cart at a restaurant, and I rarely buy sweets of any kind when I'm out at the grocery store. However, my office hosted a lunch catered by Corner Bakery yesterday and OMG there is a plate of cookies and brownies and yummy sweet things and I can't. Stop. EATING. THEM!


As pennance, I will be eating vegetables for dinner. Last night I made risotto with 4 veggies - baby spinach, baby peas, yellow squash and cremini mushrooms (see basic recipe below). In the interim, I roasted (at 425 for about 40 minutes) several quartered (lengthwise) baby yellow squash in salt, pepper and olive oil, and separately wrapped and roasted a head of garlic. The squash came out yummy - soft and caramelized on some parts, firm on others, but with a thin, flavorful crustiness all over. Yum!

No comments: